Laguna Canyon Conservancy
- Mon, Apr 17Hallie JonesZOOM MEETING: Laguna Canyon Foundation Executive Director Hallie Jones will discuss the Caltrans safety projects along Laguna Canyon Road and El Toro Road and comment on environmental issues and concerns.
- Mon, Mar 06Susi Q Community CenterPlease join us on March 6th 2023, at 4 PM and meet our featured guest speaker Terry Welsh. Terry will give a short history of the successful effort to purchase Banning Ranch and bring this important open space into public ownership. www.BanningRanchConservancy.org
- Mon, Feb 06LCAD - Studio Arts Bldg. @ Big BendPlease join us on February 6th 2023, at 5 PM to 7 PM and meet our featured guest speaker Steve Brittan. Steve will be a presenting a program that will give the public insight into recent developments at LCAD, their innovative academic programs, and collaborations with industry and institutions.
- Thu, Jan 12Bridge Hall at NCCPlease join us on Thursday January 12th, 2023, at NCC's Bridge Hall, doors open at 5:30 to 8 PM, as we honor Toni Iseman for the many contributions she has made to preserve and maintain open space in and around Laguna Canyon!
- Mon, Apr 04Monthly Program EventPlease join us on April 4th, 2022, at 7:00 PM and meet our featured guest speaker Mayor Sue Kempf. She will give some updates on the Canyon and open space issues/activities and a brief state of the city. She will be happy to take questions following her presentation.
- Mon, Mar 07Monthly Program EventPlease join us on March 7, 2022, at 7:00 PM and meet our featured guest speaker Melanie Schlotterbeck, Green Vision Project Coordinator for the regional non-profit Friends of Harbors, Beaches, and Parks as she speaks about the organization's many preservation issues and projects in the works.
- Mon, Dec 06Monthly Program EventUPDATES ON: > Development threats to the slopes of Laguna Canyon > Preservation and Restoration of Laguna Canyon Creek > Will Implementing the Laguna Canyon Planning Study help save the Canyon? > Affordable Housing- meeting RHNA while protecting the rural character of the Canyon
- Mon, Nov 01LCC Presents Zoom MeetingOn Monday, November 1st we will have CA Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris as our guest speaker discussing topics such as state vs. local controls.
Past programs with video...
On April 17, 2023, Hallie Jones Director of the Laguna Canyon Foundation was our Guest Speaker.
Hallie discussed the Caltrans safety projects along Laguna Canyon Road and El Toro Road and commented on environmental issues and concerns.
On April 4, 2022, Mayor of Laguna Beach, Sue Kempf was our Guest Speaker.
Sue Kempf was selected as Mayor unanimously by the Laguna Beach City Council in December of 2021. Prior to her election to our City Council in 2018, she served nearly 5 years on the City’s Planning Commission, three years as Chair of the Emergency Disaster Preparedness Committee, was a graduating member of the first CERT class and participated on the Council assigned committee which created the current View Preservation Ordinance. Her City Council assignments include board member positions on the Laguna Canyon Foundation, Laguna Beach County Water District and Festival of the Arts as well as liaison to the Arts Commission, Recreation Committee and South Laguna Water District Advisory member.
On March 7th, "Green Vision Advocate" Melanie Schlotterbeck was our Guest Speaker.
Melanie is the Green Vision Project Coordinator for the regional non-profit Friends of Harbors, Beaches and Parks. She manages multiple coalitions and focuses on policy work at the local, regional, and statewide levels. Part of her work includes managing the Green Vision Map, which documents the existing protected natural lands and those in need of protection. Melanie was deeply involved in the creation of the Orange County Transportation Authority’s Renewed Measure M Mitigation Program, which has protected 1,300 acres and funded restoration of 350 acres to date. Since 2007 she has served as the Vice-Chair for the Committee that oversees the Mitigation Program.
On December 6th, Penny Milne, President of CANDO was our Guest Speaker.
Penny Milne as President of C.A.N.D.O. was our guest speaker with an update on the threats to Laguna Canyon. C.A.N.D.O. is an alliance of all Laguna Canyon neighborhoods. Their mission is to preserve the rural, low-density and small-scale character of Laguna Canyon, and to protect the integrity of their unique neighborhoods, to ensure the safety of the Laguna Canyon corridor. C.A.N.D.O. advocates judicious, long-term planning for this biologically diverse gateway into our community.
On November 1st, Cottie Petrie-Norris, California Assemblywoman was our Guest Speaker
Cottie Petrie-Norris was our guest speaker discussing topics such as state vs. local controls. She represents California's 74th Assembly District - Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach, Laguna Woods, Newport Beach, and portions of Irvine & Huntington Beach. Cottie Petrie-Norris is a businesswoman and community leader who was elected to the State Assembly in 2018. In her first term, Cottie has secured millions of dollars in funding for projects in our district and introduced important legislation to combat sea level rise, improve services for veterans and help small businesses.